the candydoll files.
i've moved to tumblr and you can visit me there if you still want a piece of me.
The Power of Facebook
Today, my old friend from STC, Vicky, posted on my wall in Facebook. A few hours ago, I left her an advanced birthday post (her birthday is on Wednesday) since the Theresian Student Council sent her a birthday card five days before the 7th (her actual birthday). As soon as she read the message, she quickly responded. It was so touching to read that she appreciated my message so much and I was the first one to greet her. Thanks, Vicky! :) 

Since YM is screwed, I downloaded Trillian IM this afternoon before going to SMSL with my tita to buy snacks for Sunday's SCIENVB trip. From the first time I loaded it, I immediately got interested with it because of its expanded features. With Trillian, you can connect your Facebook, YM, Twitter, etc. right on your desktop with an account in the client. Online friends can be separated from those who are offline and you can update your Twitter status directly from it. True enough, Trillian never failed to please me. After the installation and self-testing, I therefore end that Trillian is a better instant messaging client than Yahoo! Messenger.  Moreover,  I can no longer suffer the pain of opening my web browser and logging in to Facebook only to disappoint myself because a close friend isn't online on chat. As for FB chat, I used it after what it seemed like an eternity. As for tonight's first chat on the social networking website, I had a really cheesy conversation with Sam. We were talking about everything: FILKOMU, freshman convocations, cute batchmates, etc. Every sentence we exchanged took me back to our fourth year elective classes in CWJ when we were seatmates and we chatted about Kurt Hummel and the hot guy we saw somewhere around the Web. From the conversation Sam and I just had, it was revisiting the nostalgia of HS which by the way ended roughly four months ago. I really hope that one day Sam could make use of her free time to ignite from Katipunan to Taft so she could catch up with me like life has once been. 

Meanwhile, Chini and Camz caught up with me while I was exchanging IMs with Sammich. Camz invited me to watch a NCAA competition at the Araneta tomorrow but I politely declined because of the NSTP Orientation from 1:30-3:30PM. However, I thanked her for the invite. After Camz, Chini buzzed me to blab about her engineering course while I shared about my hectic college schedule. Before the chat ended, Chini said she's looking forward to see her HS classmates again on the rescheduled UST Freshman Walk on July 15. On Twitter, Aly shared to me about how she requested her parents to give her dream phone, a Samsung Corby II in pink. I saw the yellow-colored back cover of the phone in SMSL a while earlier and I was fascinated with its sophisticated appearance and dynamic performance. And since Aly's favorite color is the same as mine which is pink, I think the phone would suit her girly and creative personality. 

As I publish this post, it would be July 2 already. So technically speaking, today's my NSTP Orientation. If I hadn't checked my FB account yesterday, then I would not have been aware of its "attendance is a must" rule.

Labels:

Posted on Saturday, July 2, 2011 at 12:54 AM.