the candydoll files.
i've moved to tumblr and you can visit me there if you still want a piece of me.
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
Last Thursday (June 16), there were two significant events: my dad's birthday and the DLSU Centennial Celebration. The day before, I uploaded a photo collage for my dad on Facebook as my birthday gift for him. I was really happy to hear his cheerful response when I read his reply from what I've done for him. Moving on to the centennial day itself, I was supposed to wake up at 2:45 AM and head to the campus at around 3:30 because our block was one of those scheduled to be featured on GMA 7's morning show Unang Hirit. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to go because of time and transportation constraints. So I just slept on and woke up at around 8 AM to go online.

Wait, another memory came into my head! The night before, I was talking to Sam on FB and Twitter. We were laughing our asses off as we shared stories about the cute guys on campus and about this certain person we were quite connected with. The next day, I tweeted about Katy Perry's Last Friday Night MV and Sam and I gushed about Darren Criss' cameo in the said video. Fast forward to 11AM: I was in Taft already and looked for my blockmates. Sadly, none of them were there at that time. For about 20 minutes, I was on my own. As my last resort to find a companion, I headed to the Central Plaza. Minutes before that, Angelica was texting me saying she'll return to DLSU at around 3PM because of the intense weather.  Suddenly, a miracle happened: Gox appeared! I told her about Angelica in the campus while we were walking to the bookstore. Boom! We saw her and her blockmates!

For the rest of the day, the three of us were together. After Central Plaza, we headed to the henna tattoo booth to accompany Angelica (who wanted one). For an hour, we were sitting at one of the covered benches eating burritos and sharing everything about college life. Once the tattoo dried up, we went to The Coffee Bean to relax. At about 5PM, we returned to Central Plaza for the mini-concert at the Ampitheater with all the Lasallians dancing to Live It Up and confetti all over the place. It was complete hysteria! When everything was done, Gox, Ange and I college-hopped to the photobooth, the food stalls and the Animo Street Party at Agno Walk. For dinner, we went to Moriter and doodled on cups (with insufficient colored markers in hand). Did I mention that I saw a lot of batchmates from STC there? Yup. It was really amazing to have a reunion with them. All of us were happy to see each other. The glory days of D. Tuazon were back for one night. Before we headed home together via LRT, the three of us had dinner at the Chicken Company in U-Mall. Thank you Angelica and Gox for the wonderful day <3

The fun with my HS friends is not over! On Thursday, I'll be with the two of them again as we attend UST's annual Thomasian Walk for all the freshmen. I'm soooo excited to see 75% of Seniors 2011 because I haven't seen most of them since graduation. I'm giddy and all prepped for another memorable day of my first year in college.

[The Killers]

Labels:

Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 9:11 PM.